Friday, August 05, 2005

Ten Million and Counting: Blogcritics.org Just Keeps on Coming

I’m not even sure how I stumbled across Blogcritics.org, but the occurrence changed my life in some small but real and meaningful way.

I’d feel a little silly writing that if I was the only one, but I know the same is true for many others and the occasion of the ten millionth visit to that little corner of the web and blog universe is as fine a time as any to take a step back and go Big Picture for a moment.

If I may be so bold, Blogcritics.org is the perfect nexus of communication and technology and, well, stuff.

What kind of stuff? Any kind of stuff. You name it, you can find it here: from Michael Jackson gossip to the meaning of the universe, from the top ska-fusion jazz bands of all time to up-to-the-second news and analysis from hotspots across the globe. News and reviews and thoughts and ideas that you won't find anywhere else every single hour, every single day.

And if you can’t find it here, all the better: write a post, publish it (as easy and free and gratifying a thing that one can do with a keyboard and a thought) and sure enough, others will be undoubtedly check in with their thoughts and comments and complaints and hearty and uproarious approval as well.

It’s a place for conversations, many of which take place in nearly real time.

It’s a community outpost on the technological frontier.

Go to Blogcritics. Stake your claim. Find a corner and set up shop.

There're more and more folks all the time that are doing just the same.

Ten million and counting.

2 comments:

Staff said...

Can I get a witness?

Staff said...

Join us, my son...

You know you want it...